st paddy's day

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Brand New Day

Today is the beginning of a new day...a new week in fact. Over the last 3 weeks, I have gained 6 pounds back again. It is so disheartening. I was 6 pounds from goal over a year ago and now I am 18 away. Travelling and half marathon training derailed me over the last year.

HOWEVER! This week begins my marathon training for the LIVESTRONG Austin Marathon which will be February 19, 2012. I am determined that this time I am not going to gain weight through the process. I am going to lose and I am going to hit goal weight! After 3 years on Weight Watchers, I have lost a little over 80 pounds. I have even been at the point that I had lost *almost* 100! But I have never hit it! I want to hit it so bad. Unfortunately I fall into entitlement eating. I eat things because I feel that I deserve them. "I worked out so hard"..."I've had a bad day"..."It's my birthday". And while I agree that every now and then it is good to treat yourself, it is not good to blow 5000 calories in one meal. Unfortunately, what I have learned about myself is that the original cheat meal leads to other cheat meals and that leads to a 4-6 pound weight gain in one week. I try to stop the gaining but inevitably, the second week is usually another 2 pound weight gain. By week 3, if I can do it, I can finally stabilize. By then, I feel really miserable about myself, but vow that THIS is the week...and I start over again. So, that is what this week is for me. Saturday, I was down 0.4 pounds but that was after being up 4 pounds 2 weeks prior and 2 pounds the week after that. So, to me, it was zeroing out.

I went onto Weight Watchers eTools and printed out a week in April of this year that I lost 4 pounds. Now, I am shooting for 2 pounds, even though 4 would be nice. I am going to try to eat what I ate that week and exercise under my new exercise program. My current exercise program is this: 30 Day Shred every morning followed by a 30 minute walk with my dog. At lunch, MWF, I am running for 30 minutes or a 5k, whichever time allows...although I would love to do a 30 minute 5k, I am just not there yet. With the 100 degree heat this week here in Dallas, it should prove to be detoxifying. On Tues/Thurs at lunch, I will go to spinning at the Y. I will finish up by running an evaluation 3 mile run on Saturday for marathon training before heading to Weight Watchers. All that being said, I did not wake up in time to do the Shred or walk the dog this morning. However, I am motivated to do it when I get home. I have got to get this weight off!!! Now is the time!!!

No comments: