st paddy's day

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It keeps getting better

Today was a much better day for running. I went running around 11:15 so that the heat would not be as intense as it was Monday at 12:15. While it was still hot, almost 100 degrees, I still pounded the pavement. I did have a great playlist which is key for me to stay distracted from the shin splints that I was feeling in my legs on each of the hills. And I also started contemplating whether or not I would run my marathon for a charity. I have mixed feelings about this and am still considering several options. The buildings and people watching downtown also make great distractions. It ended up taking me 38:47 but I do not know how much of that time what hanging out at crosswalks, waiting for the light to change. I am looking forward to Saturday's evaluation run. That will tell me about where I am at. I don't imagine that I am much below an 11 minute mile, but I can hope, right?

The best thing about following the April eating plan and keeping up the exercise...the scale keeps going down each day. I am looking forward to the scale on Saturday. I pray that it shows that I have 15 vs 18 pounds to go!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm sure you knocked out that weigh in goal this week! I am amazed your running outside at lunch. I think until I can transition back to the morning run, that it will all be on the treadmill.

Mon said...

I'm back on it! Now to stay on it!!