st paddy's day

Monday, June 6, 2011

What was I thinking?

It is HOT in Texas, hitting 100 degrees already and it is only June. Some of you might think this is normal, but I am here to tell you no, not yet. This time of year our highs are normally in the mid-80's. Yes, we do have 100 degree days, but those usually come mid to late July and hang on strong through August and September, and often until October. At lunch today I took my run outside in the middle of downtown Dallas and over to the Katy Trail. Luckily, the Katy Trail has some shade. And, with a little over 1 km to go over my 5k run, I stopped by the AAC and visited with my aunt. It was a nice break and then I ran in the last 1.4 kilometers to the Y, I was pouring with sweat...which I always count as melting fat so I know that I am going in the right direction. And to run 5.01k in 36:15 is a really good time, especially with this heat. Thank God my marathon will be in February. But, even in February, you do have to watch for the occasional heat spell here in Texas. Whew! Now for some carrots and a ham sandwich!

No comments: