st paddy's day

Saturday, June 11, 2011

4 Pounds Closer!

I did it! I lost 3.8 pounds this week! After a humid evaluation run for marathon training, I headed up to the McKinney Weight Watchers and weighed in. It was a big Woohoo moment for me. Like I said earlier in the week, I pulled my menus from a week in April when I dropped 4 pounds to get remotivated. Following that eating and exercise plan, I just trucked through the week, only making slight modifications. Not that it was a big surprise, but I did see that eating at 10pm will surely put the weight on. The next morning I was up almost 2 pounds, erasing my hard work. Luckily, since I do weigh daily, I was able to make this observation and make a correction.

So, what's going on THIS week? I have 2 planned dinners out...one is a happy hour with my girlfriends and one is a church meeting. So, what to do? One thing is for sure, I will be tracking everything that goes in my mouth. Another lesson from this week was that I learned that a jigger of vodka is 4 points. That's a lot out my 29 for a day. So, the lesson learned? One drink is enough. I will also know what I am ordering before I go. This is what I have to do to ensure that I am successful. It may sound like a lot of work, but after awhile it becomes second nature. You can learn to pick out the best options, or sometimes just the nonworst.

So, I am following my sandwich lunch of this past week with some similar dinners. An 4 days of running to boot! Here we go!

No comments: