st paddy's day

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tasty Afternoon Treat


Over the past two weeks, I have become overly disenchanted with my afternoon snacks. In addition, I have been ravenously hungry as soon as I get home, spurring me to eat a lot of snacks while waiting for dinner to cook. So, I have been on the search for a high protein, low carb snack. Today, I tried edamame in pods that I found at Sam's. They are in small, individually portioned packs and come in right at 1 WW points plus per pack, with 8 grams of protein. The fact that there were so many to eat helped with my chew factor. In my mind, the more I chew, the more satisfied I become. It took me approximately 30 minutes to eat the entire pack as I did it while reviewing a spreadsheet. The true test will be the 6:00 test. Am I ravenous or am I doing okay? They come with seasalt to put on them after you steam them (you steam them right in the little packets). I wonder if I could boost the flavor by adding other seasonings...maybe a trick to try on the weekends!

No comments: