st paddy's day

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Five New Things

This week at Weight Watchers, our fearless leader, Sandra, charged us with trying 5 new things over the course of the next week. I feel I must follow this advice closely because last week, she said track, I did, and I lost 3.4 pounds! So, I will follow this advice, in addition to tracking and hopefully we can lose one or two more pounds this week.

The first thing that I am trying is to grow something different. I had to give up my beloved ivy, Fred, when I left Cooper two weeks ago as I downsized from a nice sized office to a cubicle. Scoobie and Max would eat Fred, so he could not come home with me. Yesterday, we found a cute little jade plant at Lowe's. I bought a Notre Dame inspired (of course!) pot, some cactus potting mix, and now we have Freida:



After watching many Gardening by the Yard shows featuring Paul James, I have been inspired to grow succulents, but have never found a place for them in our landscape. This is my first step and I am really pleased. Who knows? I might have Hens and Chicks someday!

No comments: