st paddy's day

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Loss of an Energy Bar



Tonight I am mourning the discontinuation of my favorite "energy" bar, The Twisted by Premier Nutrition. I had recently found this bar to be a good meal replacement when added to a fruit for a quick post workout lunch. I had trouble finding it at the retail locations indicated on their website, so I ordered 36 bars from their website and had them delivered just last week. Tonight, as I was looking at their website, trying to give my sister some of their nutrition information, I noticed that they had discontinued the entire line of bars. Travesty!!! And I cannot find out why they have been discontinued. I hope that this is only a temporary discontinuation. Maybe there has been a run on pretzels or nougat?

My nutritionist, Meridan, has said that it is only a glorified candy bar and of course, as I type this, she is on the Channel 11 news! Oh goodness! She's after me!!! Her argument is based on the ingredient list. It is not all natural as compared to the Clif bar.

After I get through my current stash, I might just go back to the Snickers Marathon bar. The only place that I have ever found them are at 7-11 individually. I only really like the Multigrain bars and Sam's carries them in the variety pack, but I am not a big fan of the taste or the points plus values of the other flavors in the pack. Or, I might just have to find myself a more natural bar that I like...and that has chocolate.

1 comment:

Jill Turner said...

You can buy the Marathon Bar at their web site - https://marathonbars.rtscart.com/shop/ProductListing.asp