st paddy's day

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Harvesting

So far we have had a lot of lettuce. It keeps growing and growing and growing. And with all of the watering that God keeps doing, it is growing taller, even though it is leaf lettuce...check it out:
You can also see the shallots in the background up against the back board. I cannot wait to see them when they come up. Makes me think that I should plant some garlic. Just today I was watching Gardening by the Yard and Paul James suggested interplanting other crops with the lettuce since it will die out by the time we get to 90 degrees.

I have also had a few strawberries that I have managed to harvest before the bunnies started eating them:


They are the most delicious strawberries that I have ever had! This tops Driscoll's strawberries on any day of the week!

No comments: