st paddy's day

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Good Life

So...where where we? I don't know. As Flylady would say, "Jump right in, whereever you are". So, I am. Since my last post, January 2010, much has changed. I started a new job last week. It is a much different commute. I take the train to downtown so that I do not have to struggle with the horrible Dallas traffic. I am getting back into reading, my bible devotional, my email, and my books. Oh, it is quite enjoyable.

I now have a membership at the YMCA. Many people would scoff at that fact, but it is a really nice facility with a plethora of workout equipment. Today I was really surprised to find that many people were running outside. There was one man waiting for someone so I asked him...where do you run? He says there are many routes, but you do have to watch out for traffic (thanks to my dad, I won't cross against a crosswalk, so that can be time consuming downtown). He and his friend run over to the Katy trail for a short 6 mile run or on up to SMU for an 11 mile. These people are either really fast or they get much longer lunches that I can ever hope to have. Don't people work?

I am slowly but surely getting used to the corporate grind. After working at Cooper for 7 years, I was very spoiled. There are no microwaves on my floor and if I work out at lunch that means that lunch needs to be ready to eat. I have been alternating between peanut butter or ham and cheese sandwiches. This is getting very boring. I miss my warm meals. Alas, I am going on an adventure to find a nice ready to eat lunch that is low in points. Surely, this should not be hard. I'm thinking hummus or babaganoush with veggies. The one drawback? I'm not a fan of raw veggies...the silver lining? Maybe if I eat them with hummus or babganoush, I will like them better.

No comments: